Picking up cake:
If you or your designated party picks up the cake and “agrees” everything is correct from the design, color and the name spelling, that will be our verbal agreement that all is good. Therefore, we will NOT offer any refunds or complaints after the cake leaves our shop. So please know the details of what is being picked up. In the event something is wrong, please notify us BEFORE the cake leaves the shop so that we can make adjustments. Once the cake has left the shop we no longer assume responsibility.
Transporting Cake Instructions:
- Cakes are tall and taller than they used to be and that is the trend, keep in mind boxes don’t always fit cakes since they don’t make them tall enough. We will form a box the best of our ability.
- Check the car for level spots. All cars are different.Do NOT place cake on the seat next to you, a slanted surface could cause your cake to slide off the board and into the side of the box or break. Instead place your cake on a flat, level surface, such as in the trunk of the car or passenger side floor. For added stability, use a non-skid mat (or towel for traction) to prevent the boxes from sliding around.
- Keep the temperature inside and outside the car in mind. Cakes should be kept cool to prevent melting. If it’s a hot day outside, the air conditioning may not reach the trunk, so it might be safer to place the cake on the floor of the car to keep it cool. Please do NOT run errands and turn the car OFF when cake is in the car. It will melt, crack, slide, fondant decor will break and bend. If it’s cold outside, make sure heat is not directed towards your cake.In the event that icing may start to sweat, a dab of a paper towel should help with that. Keep in mind changes in temperature will create bubbles in cakes and is NORMAL do not be alarmed, cakes are edible material and these things can occur.
- Drive carefully! be sure to avoid steep ramps, sudden stops and quick starts…and watch out for those speed bumps and sharp turns!
Consuming cake instructions:
- At the party DO NOT leave cakes outside unless you are okay with it melting. In hot summer months it will melt/bubble in minutes.
- All cakes need to be refrigerated immediately after pickup and stored in a refrigerator until 2-3 hours before cutting ( please store in room temperature or an air conditioned room). That time will bring the cake to room temperature. Hard/cold cake changes the texture and makes cutting difficult and change taste.
- If you purchased a tall cake, it will have a (food safe)cardboard cake circle in the middle separating the two stacked cakes. We did NOT leave a board in your cake it is there for stability(just like a tiered cake has boards that separate the cake tiers). To cut and serve, please pick up the cake with a butter knife or cake spatula from the bottom of the cardboard round and separate the two cakes to create two separate cakes, easy to serve your guests.